- Can be kept in groups to a limited* extent
- Outdoor facilities with cold frame / greenhouse, structured with hills, roots and plants.
- Area of min. 25x by 10x shell length
a 20 cm large turtle needs a floor space of at least 10 m².
- Earth as substrate in the cold frame/greenhouse
- Feeding place on stone slab
- Shade places (caves, bushes)
- Shallow water bowl
- Bath basin
- Warming radiators for transitional or bad weather periods
- 40 cm deep cave with bedding (bark mulch or beech leaves)
- Smooth-walled, secure fencing, at least 40 cm high
* Sexually mature animals in appropriate proportion: e.g. several females with 1 male